[CQ-Contest] Announcing Edition #22- The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge

Lew Sayre w7ew at arrl.net
Tue Nov 21 00:27:16 EST 2017

Greetings Men, Women and Others,
     The Boring Amateur Radio Club is stoked to produce the 22ed running of
The Stew Perry TopBand DX Challenge.  This is a 24 hour, 160M  CW contest
being held this year starting at 1500Z December 30 and ending 24 hours
later. More than enough time to work everyone possible then ring in the New
Year.  The rules pertaining to The Stew live at http://www.kkn.net/stew/

     Read the rules not only for their content but appreciate some of the
original tenants found there in a Radio Frequency contest.
     The Club also provides a framework so that certain acts of Radio
Contesting can be recognized. An entity can sponsor most any category for
the participants to compete for with the winner receiving a unique plaque.
These categories can not be salacious in any way, as determined by the
Boring Amateur Radio Club Committee on Perviness. Listed below are the
plaques already being offered for the 2017 Edition of The Stew along with
their fearless sponsors.

KL7RA         Top # QSOs, S/O
EI2CN          W/K/N/VE/XE station with most Qs with EI/British Isles
W2GD Team- Top # Qs, NA/SA by a EU station
N9TF             Top # Grid Squares, QRP,S/O,NA with non-resonant antenna
                       < 40' above the ground
WQ4RP          Top Score Multi-Op, QRP, World

K2AV              "Master of the Small Lot" Top score from property
containing all
                        antennas < 1/4 acre or 1,012 Meters Sq, or 10,890
feet sq.
N9TF              Top Score US/SOLP, multiband vertical-no trap/load or
resonator-
                        tuner at Rig only
W9XR              "W3GH Memorial"  Top Score FN Grid Block
VK6VZ             Top Score-Northern Hemisphere Station working Southern
                         Hemisphere Stations- Winner receives Flying
Doctors of
                         VK baseball hat.

     You can join these Radio Donor Stalwarts. The cost of sponsorship is
$65 per plaque. . Contact me regarding your proposed category and for
further details.  If you've already contacted me about sponsorship and
you're not on this notice, let me know promptly.
      If anyone has an address for R9HAG, please let me know what it is. He
has a plaque
awaiting him but I can find no physical address for him. I can't take the
plaque with me everywhere I go anticipating that I'll run into him
somewhere and give it to him.
      You have over 5 1/2 weeks to get your 160M station in top shape for
The Stew. Of course you'll want to that anyway since this winter will marry
a spotless sun with hours of darkness with the offspring perhaps being
great DX for all.
     Thank you.
   73 and I remain,
   Lew    w7ew   The Boring Amateur Radio Club Committee on Notices
   w7ew at arrl.net