[CQ-Contest] Wireless Headphones?

Barry Merrill w5gn at mxg.com
Wed Nov 22 22:14:54 EST 2017

I just acquired a streaming device for my hearing aids, uDirect3,
that isn't wireless, with a mini-cable connecting the radio to
headphone jack on the physical Bluetooth device around my neck
(that has the remote level controls for the aids, and the mike
and button with which to answer the blue-tooth connected iPhone),
but it's well worth the cost for the excellent audio and
complete absence of headphones!!

However, this model did find rfi above 500 SSB watts in a second
story shack with a known longwire rfi generator that shut
down the audio, but that was readily cured by wrapping 7 turns
of the mini cable around a 2 inch toroid.

73

Barry, W5GN, EI/W5GN