[CQ-Contest] Log what he sends?

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 19:55:15 EST 2017

I don't write the CQWW rules, nor the FAQ.  As an entrant, I do think it a
good idea to be familiar with them.

I don't know why CQWW should be reduced to merely a CW or phone "copying"
contest.  My computer probably could do that better without me even being
present in the shack.

Part of the competition is applying human knowledge and experience.  "ZF"
NEVER can be in zone 7.  That should make a bell go off, even if one's
logging program doesn't flag it.  One should either correct the entry or
query the sender. The objective is to get it right. HOW to get it right is
the competitor's choice.  Make the wrong choice and lose points -- it's
part of the competition.  Same as knowing to answer the ZS rather than the
ZF when both answer my CQ at the same time on 160.

I am a former Western Union operator and manager.  We routinely corrected
obvious mistakes and queried back only when we didn't know what it should
be. (In my case, in teletype copy; the CW key was only for use if the
normal lines went down.)

73, Dave K3ZJ