[CQ-Contest] Log What is Sent

Jim Stahl jimk8mr at aol.com
Thu Nov 30 07:48:55 EST 2017

KR2Q has given us the official response of what to do in the ZF9CW case. (Or other future similar issues .)

The CQWW exchange is of some use:

1. A low level confirmation that I copied the call correctly. If I copy an SK3 in zone 9 or 15, I ought to suspect I copied wrong.

2. A quick propagation check. If I hear a 5NN25, I know pretty quickly the band is open to JA, without having to copy a call (as if the guy is not IDing every QSO, or is a guy who is just answering CQs.)

3. America First! It’s a benefit for Americans. People in the USA don’t have to be very concerned about correctly copying the zone of USA stations (the only country where the zone is not entirely predictable). People in the rest of the world do.  (note: TIC alert on this one)

73  -  Jim   K8MR