[CQ-Contest] NS RTTY this Thursday

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Tue Oct 10 23:09:52 EDT 2017

Greetings Diddlers:

Pleased to work a number of NSers this last weekend in the Cal QP.  Hope everyone had a great time: it’s the one time of the year when having a 6 call sorta feels special  ;^)
Last week’s RTTY session was plenty busy. We had a dozen plus two stations reporting, and even 2 QRP entries.
We had two brand new stations last week:  David, AD4TJ jumped in for the first time.  He noted that the protocol we use can be confusing, which is true enough.  But we try to be consistent, so don’t worry David: it will soon make sense.  We also had Ralph, WA9LKZ disguised as W9BGX from Northwestern University.  Thanks for dropping by guys and hope we can tempt you into future attendance.
We also had a couple of returning regulars:  Dick, KS0M got his new FT-3000 on the air and he’s back.  Steve, K4DXV was also back after an absence.  Welcome back guys!

Looks like the upcoming weekend has a plethora of contests for just about everyone and every mode.  Of note is the reborn Makrothen RTTY test, now sponsored by the Pizza Lovers 259 club here in California.  This test has a few unusual things about it, but hey, it’s RTTY so don’t be bashful and jump right in. To be sure your RTTY setup is all set to go, please join us Thursday evening and make sure everything is ready.

And don’t forget we have a spot on the real time score server at contestonlinescore.com.  Instructions for setup are on the site and all major loggers support the reporting format.

Here are the details for our usual Thursday evening session:
Friday,  13 Oct 2017, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday, 12 Oct 2017 in NA)
-- 1845 - 1915 PDT
-- 2145 - 2215 EDT
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up
-- 80/40/20/15/10 +80kHz up from the band edge  (start checking those higher bands!)
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know so we can get them fixed.