[CQ-Contest] NAQP SSB Host in Central NC

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 11:10:43 EDT 2017

Folks,

The SMC is sponsoring a Collegiate Challenge during the NAQP SSB this
January (www.w9smc.com).

I posted the information on the Facebook page for the ARRL's Collegiate
Amateur Radio Initiative and a young ham at UNC-Greensboro replied:

"Just like ARRL sweepstakes collegiate category, this competition leaves
out students that may have difficulty getting a school club organized,
due to lack of interest from other students, or lack of a faculty
adviser willing to donate their time to sponsor their club. I am one of
these university students. I have a large interest in contesting and I
am a current university student, but I am left out of these activities."

Any possible hosts in Central NC willing to host a single-op or multi-op
college team during NAQP SSB?  Here's our new blood - looking for a
place to operate.  If you're hosting a multi-op already, maybe you could
add another team member?

Drop me a note and I'll get you connected or check out the FB page directly.

73, Ward N0AX