[CQ-Contest] RFI in Array Solutions Six Pack

K5WA K5WA at Comcast.net
Mon Oct 23 10:20:55 EDT 2017

Jeff,

I'll bet it isn't the Six Pack.  Do you already have a current choke at the
base of the 160 inverted L?  If not, I'll bet that helps quite a bit.  I was
getting lots of RFI on my very first 160 4SQR until I put good (meaning
rated down to 160) current chokes on each element.  Cleaned everything up
just great.  If you already have a current choke at the base of the L, more
radials or re-orienting the radials away from coax runs might help.  I wish
I could explain it with 72 calculus equations like ON4UN does but I'm just
an appliance operator and use the "change it till it works" method.   ;-)

Good luck!

Bob K5WA