[CQ-Contest] Is this assistance?

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Sat Oct 28 20:03:40 EDT 2017

That probably depends on who you ask or falls into the if you have to
ask it probably is category.

Getting CW spots would alert you to band openings so I would say that
yes it could be considered assistance.

The contest effort is probably not all that serious if you are more
interested in worked a DXpedtion.   If you think you are going to win
then turn it off and win the contest and work the DX later.

It can become a slippery slope.   In the end only you know what you did.

Why not just pick assisted and watch all the spots you want.  A piece of
paper with assisted on it is still good!

I run a cluster.  If I have to do some maintenance on it would that
reclassify me.  Probably not unless I used something I saw while fixing
whatever it was.

W0MU