[CQ-Contest] CW Sprint and 7045 kHz

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 09:16:29 EDT 2017

I noted that Cuban relief nets are/will be operating on 7045 LSB -
that's right in the thick of CW action during a typical NA Sprint.  I
suspect there are Caribbean nets on similar frequencies - I haven't gone
searching for them.

Although the adrenaline will be pumping, sprinters might want to try and
jump from about 7040 to 7046 when making their obligatory 5 kHz QSYs
between CQs.

If anyone knows of other emergency nets that are active and which should
be avoided, please post them here.  Sprinters and team leaders should
distribute the information within their clubs and teams.

See you at 0000Z tomorrow night - that is, if the ionosphere will permit
HF comms :-)

73, Ward N0AX