[CQ-Contest] Oceania DX contest 2017 - counting down the final few weeks!

Brian Miller bdm556 at bigpond.com
Fri Sep 8 19:25:49 EDT 2017

The 2017 Oceania DX (OCDX) contest runs from 08:00z on 7 October to 08:00z on 8 October for the PHONE section, and at the same times the next weekend (14/15 October) for the CW section.

We have just a few weeks left before the contest to check out our DX antennas and radios, sort out computer logging and station ergonomics, and become familiar with HF propagation.

We are expecting a number of rarer Oceania entities to be active. Tony VK3TZ and Lee VK3GK will be activating VK9XI on Christmas Island for the PHONE section and VK9CI on Cocos Keeling Island for the CW section. Ken KH6QJ is also planning to be active from the other Christmas Island (Kiritimati Island) as T32AZ. See http://www.oceaniadxcontest.com/Rules/Oceania/oceania.html for a map of all the Oceania entities that count towards points and multipliers in the contest.

Thanks to our generous sponsors, numerous trophies and plaques are up for grabs again this year, including the new Ken Jewell VK3AKK Memorial Plaque for the leading CW single-operator 15M entrant from Oceania.  In addition, category winners in each continent and country earn winners’ certificates. We are offering participation certificates to encourage everyone to make at least a few QSOs: to qualify, simply enter with as little as one valid contest QSO!

For more information about the contest and rules please go to http://www.oceaniadxcontest.com

Any questions? Send an email to info at oceaniadxcontest.com

73

Oceania DX Contest Committee (ZL2IFB, ZL3GA, VK3GK, VK3MI/ZL1AZE, VK3TZ, VK4FH, VK7GN)