[CQ-Contest] 1978 Novice Roundup?

Joe nss at mwt.net
Wed Sep 20 09:33:14 EDT 2017

On 9/20/2017 7:05 AM, Dave Edmonds wrote:
> Cool comments Jeff and Joe...
>
> I find it enjoyable to look back on the 'spark' that led to an interest in
> contesting. I agree with Joe... Let's bring back the 1 week NR
> format......  .
Yup, And like say Field Day, You can work a station on each of the three
modes on each band.

Phone,
CW
Digital

This would encourage working more than one mode.

Also every QSO must have a Novice in it.

Novice work anyone, Non Novices ONLY can work Novices,

Plus open the competition to all too!

Think like a State QSO Party.  In state entries = Novices
Out of the state = Everyone else,

Yet let them compete also let the non novices compete against all the
other non novices too.

All Barefoot rigs. so 150 watts or less only, This is Novice Contest
after all true?

Anyway, more to go into this but, Sadly it probably will never happen.

The ARRL is dead set on the current configuration, even tho it's obvious
no one likes it, even tho contesting is more popular than ever.

Joe WB9SBD

---
http://www.avg.com