[CQ-Contest] CQWW

Kostas SV1DPI sv1dpi at otenet.gr
Fri Sep 29 03:46:42 EDT 2017

The problem with SV is that there are not many stations in the other
continents to work them! Possibly less than 10 (1-2 5B, 2-3 4X, 3V, CN
and 1-2 Africa expeditions).

Really we have not any chance to win in CQ WW with the current rules
either in Europe either in our zone!!! This is why we are quite far (in
comparison with the others) from the rest of Europe in low bands and
quite far from USA (2 hours difference with UK). In zone 20 where we
belong there are others (5B and 4X) have all Europe counts 3 point for
them! If you see my club's scores (SZ1A) we are easily between the first
10 in Europe in CQ WPX but quite far in CQ WW (25-30 usually) with about
the same QSOs with the first decade. So no chance to win but I still
love and prefer CQ WW for its strategy, trying to improve our score
every year.

Finally if you want to try contesting from Greece, remember that our
club station SZ1A is available for you for free (as part of our team in
CQ contests or even alone in others)! See more details in www.sz1a.org

...73 de Kostas SV1DPI
   (One of SZ1A-EP6T)

Στις 27/9/2017 5:13 πμ, ο John Geiger έγραψε: