[CQ-Contest] 7QP - call for mobiles

Dick Frey k4xu at bendcable.com
Thu Apr 5 16:24:08 EDT 2018

30 day advanced reminder: the 13th annual 7th Area QSO Party is May 5/6.

The 7QP continues to grow. Part of this is due to the cooperation among
the 7QP, Indiana, New England, and Delaware QSO Parties that share this
first weekend in May. The other reason is the support from N1MM+ logger
that allows you to participate in all four parties at the same time
within the same log. That log can then be sent to all four sponsors
without the need to delete non-counting QSOs. This is a mutually
beneficial arrangement and we cannot say enough about the cooperation we
receive from the other parties.

There are 259 possible county multipliers in the 7QP, though we have
never had more than 215 in any one year. Many are so sparse there are no
active amateurs therein. We must rely on mobile stations to make these
available. This is your opportunity to have a mobile outing and enjoy
the fun. The eastern edge of our realm, from the Canadian to the Mexican
border, offers lots of open space for mobile activity by visitors from
neighboring states. If you would like to join the fun, now is the time
to start planning. And let us know. Send an email to 7qpops at codxc.org.

Dick Frey, K4XU