[CQ-Contest] Filters

Tim Childers K9CQ k9cq at k9cq.com
Mon Apr 9 10:34:02 EDT 2018

These are low pass filters.  Don't confuse them with "band pass filters".
These are what you put on your rig or amp to keep you from transmitting
third order harmonics.  Band pass filters cut off above and below so you
could run 15 meters and the station next door could be on 40.  With both of
you running BPF's you eliminate the interference.  If you were running this
LPF system, you might be fine if you’re the station on 40 but the one on 15
would still hear you.

Tim, K9CQ