[CQ-Contest] WriteLog for State QSO Parties?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Apr 9 16:16:56 EDT 2018

CQP has always taken pride in having every county active, making a 58
county sweep possible. In 2017, N4PN did it in about 5 1/2 hours, and
that's not a record. As in-state participants age, it's gotten more
difficult to get serious operations in some of the more remote counties,
so we (NCCC) are considering permitting county-line operation, where
each county is logged as a separate QSO.

I'm a long time N1MM user, which provides excellent support for logging
state QSO parties for both mobiles and fixed stations. For example, a
two-county exchange with "/" as a separator is correctly logged as a QSO
for each county (assuming the exchange is correct) :), and the county is
correctly transferred to the entry window if appended to the callsign
with "/" as a separator.  N1MM also makes it super easy for a roving
mobile to change counties.

Is WriteLog user-friendly for out-of-state participants? The N1MM team
tends to respond pretty quickly to changes in contest rules. If we
update our rules, what sort of turnaround time might the WriteLog team
need?

If you actively work state QSO parties, especially CQP, do you use any
logger other than N1MM or WriteLog?

73, Jim K9YC