[CQ-Contest] WriteLog for State QSO Parties?

Dave Edmonds dave at pkministrywebs.com
Wed Apr 11 14:01:46 EDT 2018

If county lines are permitted, there will be solo mobile ops that would
prefer running a county line instead of having to run one then find a spot
to run the adjacent county. Mobiles can find the county lines and run them
quickly and move on to the next line.

Texas requires two separate contacts to be made if you work a county line
station. Most QPs do the 2 in one contact.

I just remembered that CA uses serial numbers, which makes it a little more
complicated.

I would suggest adopt the Texas approach by requiring the stations to have
two separate contacts, which will result in two different serial numbers.
Of course contacts would be consecutive with the same op. This is the only
way to do it with qso numbers.

GL Dave WN4AFP

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 11:56 AM Tim Childers K9CQ <k9cq at k9cq.com> wrote:

> In the Illinois QP there are two different designators for moving stations.
> A "mobile" can't work from a county line and are normally operators that
> try
> to cover as many counties in the contest as possible.  A "rover" is a
> station that works mostly on county lines and might cover 2 or more county
> lines. "Rovers" tend to have a portable type antenna setup and run for
> several hours in on one county line.  The "portable" stations stay on one
> line during the whole contest and are another category.  I believe it is a
> fair way to divide them up because your only competing against similar
> operations.
>
> Tim, K9CQ

Dave Edmonds
Dave at PKMinistryWebs.com