[CQ-Contest] It's time for an Assisted category in NAQP

Jim jimk8mr at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 12:32:27 EDT 2018

That’s quite true for DX contests, but not so much for domestic ones. If you’re on the edge of the country you won’t want to waste power warming an ocean, but huge stacks don’t get you much more. They may even get you less, if your takeoff angle is too low, or if your pattern is too clean to hear people outside your main lobe. I run into this from my puny snowbird station in Florida. Some of the big guns up north can be quite hard to work when I’m off the end of their wonderful antennas (including receive antennas on the low bands) while guys with dipoles or verticals hear me just fine.

73  -  Jim   K8MR