[CQ-Contest] It's time for an Assisted category in NAQP

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Aug 11 21:18:37 EDT 2018

On 8/11/2018 6:25 AM, Steve Lott wrote:
> Sounds more like the Multi rule needs changing to allow for single seat
> multiple operator SO2R operation. Such operations are a great way to have
> SO2R training sessions with developing contesters. Then one person can
> choose to be a multi and work assisted if they wish.

I strongly agree with this, and for a LOT of contests, and for the same
reasons. Over the years, I've invited guys to multi-op at my station,
which is pretty well equipped, for purposes of mentoring, and to
encourage their contesting activity. I like to work SO2R, but for most
contests, especially DX contests, this pushes me into M/M or M/U if I
work SO2R and my guest only works a single radio.

73, Jim K9YC