[CQ-Contest] WWV and WWVH may go off the air...

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 23 09:44:01 EDT 2018

I have the MFJ-890 DX Beacon Monitor.
https://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-890

Accuracy depends on timer sync from the built-in atomic receiver.  It attempts to sync each morning about 0200.  If successful, a green LED turns on.  It is good for 24 hours.

Many have visited my shack and asked how it works.  So, I turn on the receiver and tune to the beacon frequency selected on the monitor.  When they hear the beacon, they look at the monitor to see the location of the beacon being received.  Pretty cool.

73, Keith NM5G