[CQ-Contest] URGENT: Logs wanted for next release of SuperCheckPartial

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Sun Aug 26 20:03:54 EDT 2018

The mechanics of how to access and use SCP data vary from logger to logger.  In N1MM+, for example, you specify the location of the SCP file in the contest setup, and it manifests in the color-coding in the log window and the contents of the check window.

In terms of using the data...think of it as spell-check and semi-autocorrect for logging.  If SCP lookup is enabled and you type in a callsign that is not present in the file, you should get some indication that what you typed in is unknown...and then you can decide what to do about it.  Was it a typo?  Or did you copy it correctly and it's just not a call that has been reported as being active in recent contests?

Or if you missed one letter, entering KA1?YZ into the entry window in N1MM+ will present a clue in the check window that KA1XYZ is an active contester.  You of course need to go back to the station to confirm the callsign, but if he's down at the noise floor, if you have a clue as to what you might be listening for, you might more easily discern whether it's KA1XYZ or someone else.

Michael Adams | mda at n1en.org