[CQ-Contest] New SO2R trick?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Dec 6 14:45:23 EST 2018

On 12/6/2018 5:53 AM, Steve Lott wrote:
> But 160m is a pretty narrow band

Actually it's not -- it's 10% of its center frequency. Of our bands,
only 80M is wider, at 13%. N6RK has done SO2R on 160M, running on the
low end of the band, and using an RX loop on his S&P radio that nulls
the antenna for his Run radio. He's also got a station with a lot of
real estate, and he uses radios with clean TX and RX with great front ends.

About eight years ago, by accident, I found myself with both of my K3s
on 20M only about 60 kHz apart, both driving Ten Tec 425 amps to 1.5kW
to 3-el Yagis about 200 ft apart and turned so that their driven
elements were approximately inline with each other. In this situation,
one radio did not know the other was there! Rotate one of the antennas
and that changes (a lot!).

73, Jim K9YC