[CQ-Contest] DJ7MH

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Tue Dec 11 14:38:31 EST 2018

Gerry,

I didn’t say WA1BXY was KN1GUN/DJ7MH, just that that the web page for KN1GUN said “via WA1BXY”.  C’mon man, give me a little credit for reading comprehension!  <g>

I did not work DJ7MH over the weekend… I didn’t work anyone outside of Florida, as it turned out, due to propagation at the times I was able to operate… so I have no knowledge as to whether or not he was operating from Germany or via a US remote station.  I was simply answering Mike’s question, or if you prefer request for more information, regarding the call.

That the QRZ.COM pages for both of Mario’s calls (as per your other email) are now gone is… interesting.  Of course, Mario’s US call is still shown on other sites, such as AE7Q’s.  Regardless, let’s hope that this was a simple misunderstanding that can be quickly cleared up, not a nefarious attempt to bend the rules.

73, ron w3wn