[CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?

Jukka Klemola jpklemola at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 18:49:28 EST 2018

Well ..

I just asked Hank if he has seen this:
https://asiakas.kotisivukone.com/files/ohdxf.kotisivukone.com/contest_station_2020.pdf

OK - it is news.
We are heading to 2019.
I made the presentation January 2015, based on a request of Olli OH0XX.
Olli was putting together a DX and Contest meeting.
I was happy to contribute.

Our topic is we are looking at is computer + software capability.

Those interested, please jump to presentation slide 24.

There is information of
http://www.kcdxclub.com/pileup2009.html

Year 2009 the Skimmer won over the best of the best humans 61 - 51.
VE3DZ was the runner up. The best human.
W9WI was third.

This means in practice a machine can win over humans.
Actually, computer + +software did win already in 2009.

Getting to 2019:
Since 2009 the human evolution has not been too steep.
The computers and software sure have been developing.

73,
Jukka OH6LI