[CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Thu Feb 1 16:51:17 EST 2018

Guys/Gals/Other,

A few things, in my opinion:

-the guy who started this thread probably should not have (for overtly
obvious reasons..go Google/3830scores/qrz.com his various callsigns, do a
little research, use some common sense and decide for yourself and ask
yourself WHY he might've been asked)

-Recording contests is so dead simple, my teenager could do it with zero
help from his old man.  I've posted 2 or maybe 3 times in the last year how
I do it, so I won't repeat it at the risk of putting some of you avid
readers to sleep.

-Beginner contesters, unless they are sitting down at 9A1A, LX7I, K3LR ,
W3LPL, W7RN, W0AIH etc are not going to be in the top tier until many months
or years pass (unless maybe they are the offspring of some mutant like
N6MJ..)<this is a compliment, for those of you not in the know>

-If your logs are always clean and/or you've done nothing untowards to cause
further inspection then you can rest easy, sleep at night and in all
likelihood never be asked for a recording.

-The sky is not falling.

-If you are in the top 3 or 5 you likely worked pretty hard <or cheated> to
get there, so NOT recording the contest is just not a valid excuse anymore
(see #2)

dit dit

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey