[CQ-Contest] CQWW announcements and other items of interest to contesters

DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL kr2q at optimum.net
Tue Feb 6 12:06:39 EST 2018

It is very interesting to read the continuing comments about
"recordings" and other things CQWW.

As others have commented, reading this stuff could be demotivating to
newbies.

BUT WAIT!!!!

I now see that there is a wonderful opportunity to enlighten some of
those who post here....
or those who don't post but lurk in the background.

So let's start with "how to announce CQWW Actions."

First, nothing is formally announced by CQWWCC until the results are
final and published.
I hope that makes sense to everyone.

After publication, the Actions of the CQWWCC are published...on line.

K5ZD has done a spectacular job maintaining and updating all of the CQ
Contest web pages.

One of the "tabs" on the CQWW.com web page is our BLOG, where will find
exactly what you ask for.

Try these:
http://cqww.com/blog/archive/

http://cqww.com/blog/2016-cw-disqualification-list/

http://cqww.com/blog/2016-ssb-disqualification-list/

http://cqww.com/blog/cq-ww-cw-2015-disqualifications/

http://cqww.com/blog/cq-ww-ssb-2015-disqualifications/

http://cqww.com/blog/cq-ww-cw-2014-disqualifications-and-warnings/

http://cqww.com/blog/cq-ww-ssb-2014-disqualifications-and-warnings/

But besides DQ announcements, you will also find interesting stats and
announcements.

You will also find details about New Rules, and the 'why' behind them.
Try this one:  http://cqww.com/blog/2017-cqww-rules-update-announcement/

There is wealth of information here including links to all of the CQ
Contests:
CQWW
CQ WPX

CQ RTTY
CQ VHF
CQ 160
etc.

Each has it's own web page.

And if you want to see what the excitement of CQWW actually looks like,
check this out:
http://cqww.com/results/

Here, you can access the published articles, with stories, tables,
photos, etc.  It's a lot of FUN!

Enjoy!

de Doug KR2Q