[CQ-Contest] 4U1WB: ARRL DX Contest: Rule 6.1

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 15 10:18:13 EST 2018

Actually, if you look at spots for 4U1WB when Masa operates outside of contests – he generates A LOT of interest because of the unusual situation and uniqueness of 4U1WB.  When I operate as AC1U, I generate no such special interest.

Nothing prevents Masa from legally using AJ3M at the WB station.  It’s a duly licensed FCC radio operator operating a station in the US.  There are no “station licenses” in the US.  Only operators in locations.

If the point of being on this weekend is to hand out DC, he would be way better off being AJ3M than 4U1WB.  The opposite is the case in WPX.

73

Ed  N1UR