[CQ-Contest] What's with the power = 0 watts exchange?

Bob Shohet, KQ2M kq2m at kq2m.com
Mon Feb 19 09:26:47 EST 2018

I didn’t get it at the time (duh!), but it certainly makes sense now.  The contest organizers will deal with it.  As contest ops it is our “prime directive” to copy what is sent – so on that front, fine!   TT, or LOW, is not much different than two EU stations sending me 25 and 50 mw as their power back in the 1987 ARRLDXCW, on 40 meters no less!

I was surprised and pleased to see NP4Z, NP4G, KP4KE and others on from Puerto Rico - their being on sends the most powerful statement of all.
I wish them them all the best in their continuing recovery!

Other interesting and “sign of the times” related callsigns:

In the 1978 ARRLDXCW  I worked “special events” stations  :-)  C3PO and R2D2 (the year after the original Star Wars came out)

In a later ARRLDXCW contest I worked US0OUT, sometime during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan

And of course, RG6U, C0AX, FO0L and F0OL, Z1LCH, ID1IOT and PH00EY!

73

Bob KQ2M