[CQ-Contest] receiver recommendation for SWL neighbor

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Thu Jan 4 02:22:42 EST 2018

I have a neighbor about 700' distant who favors SWL broadcasts for his
news and entertainment.  To keep peace in the neighborhood I am
considering buying the fellow a better SWR receiver as that may be the
least painful way of resolving this issue.

He's got what is similar to the Tecsun type of hand-held portable radios
now and uses that with the attached whip antenna.  I'm wondering if
there is a similar type of portable radio that has a serious 1st mixer
and roofing filter combo in a small package.  I really know nothing
about the general coverage receiver offerings.

Appreciate any advice...

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com