[CQ-Contest] CQ 160 and Winter Field Day

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 17:43:52 EST 2018

Attn CQ 160 Contest participants:

Winter Field Day is one of the fastest growing contests.   There were over 500 participants last year, and probably more this year!  Here is how you can join the fun on 160m:

Winter Field Day overlaps the CQ 160 Contest for 24 hours this weekend from 1900z Saturday until 1900z Sunday morning.

My club's WFD station in Southern Calif  will be looking for QSOs an 160m, and we will be giving out combination CQ 160/WFD QSOs.

If you could add a macro for the WFD exchange, it would be appreciated.   I am sure 99.9% of you are operating 1 transmitter from Home, so that makes you a 1H.      The exchange would be a 1H plus your ARRL Section abbreviation.   For example "1H NTX".    The section for DX is "DX".  We are in the Outside class, so expect our exchange to have O (oscar) in it.

For rules and log submission:
https://www.winterfieldday.com/rules

Hope to see you in CQ 160/WFD this weekend on 160m!

Tnx & 73

Tim N6GP (using club call this weekend)