[CQ-Contest] Constant Calling

Rich Gelber rich at k2wr.com
Sat Jan 27 14:43:18 EST 2018

Sometimes the lids do just get you down, and you wind up saying something you wish you hadn’t.

A number of years ago, while running a pileup from Europe on SSB, somebody kept (loudly) dropping in his two letters (which I’ll make up here) no matter what I said.  So finally, I said “Zoooloooo Delta (or whatever it was), is there any language in which you are fluent?”  I think I heard a couple of chuckles on the QRG, “ZD” stopped, and about 10 QSO’s later called me with his full callsign (same signal, same voice, just as loud).

Rich K2WR