[CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Sun Jan 28 16:22:24 EST 2018

Scott;

WOW.

You expect the worldwide contesters at large to do something for you?

Need I remind everyone you used a self-assigned AKA 'illegal' callsign for
years? (MM0LID)

Now, you haven't followed the rules yet again and expect a different
outcome?

Mike VE9AA
-    - -

So i received an email from the CQWW Contest Committee. I will be
reclassified
to an "Administrative Checklog" for the 2017 CQWW SSB Contest.
This is because i am placing in the top 5 of the QRP Category and i did not
make an audio recording of the contest.

This is ridiculous! i will not be listed in the results. Effectively being
disqualified without the actual DQ label!

I did not record my audio because
A) I did not expect to place highly
B) I did not win or qualify for a plaque
C) I compete for fun

Yes i could have recorded my audio, but i was not expecting to place highly.
went to a lot of effort to be on the air!
To end up with nothing to show for it in the results is ridiculous.

I would have accepted this if i had placed 1st in the category or had placed

high enough to win a plaque. but not for being in the top 5.
Or even being reclassified into another category. Not to be effectively
disqualified.

I think this rule really needs to be looked at!

Is this what a contester can expect in the future? to be removed from
results,
if they unexpectedly place in the top 5!?

This really makes me not want to participate in what is classed as the
biggest
contest of the calendar.

Below is the email i received from the committee.

Dear MM3AWD,

We previously requested that you submit an audio recording of yoru CQWW SSB
2017 contest operation, as required in the CQWW Rules.
CQWW Rules (XII.C. Audio Recordings):

"Audio Recordings: Any single operator entrant (see V.A.1) competing for a
top
five finish at the (a) World, (b) Continent, or (c) USA levels, including
Classic Overlay, must record the transmitted and received audio as heard by
the
operator for the duration of the contest operation. The recording must be in
common format (e.g., mp3) and should include the audio to each ear as a
separate channel. The recording must be a continuous recording (not a
recording
of individual QSOs). Time "off the air" (when not transmitting or receiving)

does not have to recorded. The recording may be requested by the Committee
within 120 days after the log deadline to help adjudicate the log. The
recording files must be provided by the entrant within 5 days of the
request.
If no recording is made available, the Committee may reclassify to an
appropriate category, reclassify to Administrative Check Log, or disqualify
the
entry."

Because you did not submit the required audio recording, your entry has been

reclassified to the Administrative Check Log category.

Your score will not be listed in the results. Your call sign will be listed
as
an Administrative Check Log.

We welcome you to participate in the CQWW contests in 2018 and sincerely
hope
to see you then.

73's
Bob, W5OV; Doug, KR2Q; Scott, W4PA