[CQ-Contest] Audio Recording

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 29 13:20:59 EST 2018

I was asked by many people what I am using for Audio Recording  I am using a
simple Digital Voice Recorder purchased on Amazon.  This item has appeared
many times with different nameplates.  Mine says ALS but the current one
(identical) says Lgsixe - 8gb Digital Voice Recorder.  I added a 32gb SIM
card as 8gb was not enough for 48 hours continuous (needs about 12Gb).
Recorder is currently $43 and the SIM card is $18.

I run it as a Y connector off of my headphone audio and feed the input to
the recorder through a transformer - isolator.  Without the isolator I was
getting bad TX overload on the recording.

I have it continually plugged in for power though the mini USB.

73

Ed  N1UR