[CQ-Contest] WRTC Callsigns (was: WRTC Stations)

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 08:33:36 EDT 2018

DL1MGB, WRTC President, said that the callsign blocks (not individual
callsign assignments) will be announced publicly on THURSDAY (July 12) at
the opening ceremony.  The ceremony will be live-streamed on the web so
everyone has the opportunity to learn the information instantly, as well as
to enjoy viewing the festivities.  The ceremony is scheduled to start at
1700 UTC, which is 1pm EDT on the U.S. Coast coast and 10am PDT on the U.S.
West Coast.  Link for live stream (and all other WRTC info) will be here:
http://wrtc2018.de/index.php/en/.

The closing ceremony also will be live-streamed on Monday, July 16,
scheduled to begin at the same 1700 UTC time.

While on the subject of the WRTC, PLEASE email your electronic log to WRTC
immediately after you finish. Your log will be used only to adjudicate the
WRTC competition.  Link and info for upload is here:
http://wrtc2018.de/index.php/en/competition/log-upload.

Deadline for an array of WRTC awards is 6 hours after close (1800
UTC), award information here:
http://wrtc2018.de/index.php/en/activities/wrtc-2018-en.  Competition for
the Sprint and the Most QSOs awards are by WRTC geographic areas, so there
is no geographic advantage or disadvantage to your location!

And finally, a live on-line scoreboard will be webcast continuously
throughout the competition on the WRTC website (link above).

73, Dave K3ZJ
WRTC2018 Regional Ambassador