[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2022 qualifications criterias? Any new thoughts or ideas?

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 03:05:31 EDT 2018

Kari, what prevents you from organizing this pre-qualification runs for
these 15-20 persons? Here on Urals (UA9) we have about the same number
of active contesters and do it every year for the last 15 years. All you
need is a field where all the participants themselves set up equal
stations with the same type of antenna at the same height and run the
same power (100W), Each participant brings a fiend who acts as a referee
for the other participant. The best time for such an event is EU Region
1 Field day contest. We do it the first 6 hours of this contest and
activity is pretty high. The result - we find the best operators
regardless of how much money they have spent on their permanent station.

Just find 2-3 more people who will be able to help you to organize such
an event and I will be glad to share our 15 years of experience and
answer all your questions. It is a lot more of Ham Spirit then find
excuses why you cannot do this in Scandinavia.

73, Igor UA9CDC