[CQ-Contest] Use of remote receivers at "HQ" station in IARU contest

sbloom at acsalaska.net sbloom at acsalaska.net
Sun Jul 15 06:59:15 EDT 2018

I was wondering about the following situation ..

I was scheduled to operate at one of the HQ stations for this contest.  In this case, this particular station was doing 15 and 40M CW, with stations in other parts of the country, doing 10, 80, and 160.  I didn't actually operate, for reasons that don't matter at the moment.  What was strange, to me, is that when they were giving the ops instructions, and explaining the rx antenna switching, they explained that positions 1-4 (I think) were Beverages, and that in addition they had remote receivers, and were encouraged to use them if necessary.

I checked out the IARU contest rules, and don't see anything stated specifically, but I know in general, contest rules require all antennas both rx and tx to be in fairly close proximity to the actual transmitting location.

Any ideas?

73
Steve KL7SB