[CQ-Contest] [sysops] RBN Announcement on FT8 Spotting

Timothy Coker n6win at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 15:10:18 EDT 2018

I think you bring up some valid points. My fear is that during contest periods the RBN is overloaded.
I’m not a RTTY guy, but I did spend the software license fee to monitor and post RTTY spots to the server. During big CW contest weekends I turn off my RTTY Skimmer server so as to keep my computer from being delayed in processing all of the CW spots.
I’d be up for posting FT8 spots to help those ops and the general collection of propagation also.
I’m curious as to the load of all the new FT8 spots that is being caused to the RBN?
As I’m not an FT8 guy I filtered out all incoming FT8 spots from VE7CC’s client software which then keeps my DX alerts and contest software load down to a minimum, so I’m not concerned about my client side loads.
What have other’s been experiencing?
73,
Tim / N6WIN.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone