[CQ-Contest] RBN Announcement on FT8 Spotting

Gordon LaPoint gordon.lapoint at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:50:01 EDT 2018

Jim,
     Thanks!!!   I'm still learning CW (did the CWOPS academy course
this winter), but live in a very high noise area.   I used to do lots of
contesting from my qth, that is no longer feasable with the high noise.
I do some remote ops, and travel to Vermont to operate some contests.
FT8 (and CW) allow me to make qso's from my home qth that would not be
possible otherwise.
The RTTY contesting I used to do from home is now just not possible to
do with the same results.  I can not hear the stations I used to.

    Some of us have switched to the FT8 and JT modes because that is the
only way we can work some DX stations.

Gordon - N1MGO (BAMBI on RTTY)

Gordon - N1MGO