[CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Mar 15 14:26:36 EDT 2018

On 3/14/2018 7:08 PM, Ed Sawyer wrote:
> Personally, I think its long exchange and that you can’t work people more than once in the contest.  So rates slow down.  Many of the aspects that the SS crowd likes about the contest.  But that just my opinion.

The long exchange makes it one of the few contests that requires that
you copy anything that you didn't already know! There are far too many
like this. Like CQWW, ARRL DX, and the RAC contests.

The current long contest hours and start/stop times make it possible to
operate from two QTHs with different rigs and calls, making Sunday a lot
more fun both for those who do and for others looking for new stations
to work.

Allowing a QSO per band would give east coast and midwest stations the
same huge advantage during low sunspot years that the east coast enjoys
in DX contests, and which discourages participation by west coast
stations. 10M has been dead out west for nearly a year, and 15 is on
it's way there. That gives the west coast one band on which to work
second and third tier stations in the much higher population density
areas east of the Mississippi.

73, Jim K9YC