[CQ-Contest] Names in NAQP

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Mar 16 17:13:57 EDT 2018

Many top operators use a short nickname or a shortened version of their
name. It is also quite common for many operators to honor a comrade by
using his name for a contest.  Recent honorees have included KL7RA,
K3LP, and Robin Williams.

My given name is James, I go by Jim. Lots of Peters use Pete. WHAT name
you use doesn't matter -- it only matters that you use the SAME name for
the entire contest and that you put that name in your log. FWIW, Yuri is
no longer all that rare a name in North America. AA3B uses Bud. NO3M,
whose given name is Eric, uses Ty.

73, Jim K9YC