[CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Fri Mar 16 20:32:49 EDT 2018

Wouldn't a DX contest be really fun if you could only work a DX station only once and not on multiple bands? NOT!!! That pretty much sums up what I think about the current Sweepstakes rules.
I'm not sure why anyone would have a contest that allows you to work multiple bands that the rules allow only one contact. Maybe way back in the  the early 1900's when SS started there was some advantage to this but it's antiquated in today's contesting world. We have all this technology and we still have a rule that's 80 years old?? Come on ARRL and get with the program.  Let everyone work everyone on every band and enjoy Rate Rate Rate!!!
Jeff KU8E

Jeff ClarkeInformation Technology Professional Ellerslie, Georgia
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffrey-clarke-ga