[CQ-Contest] ARRL November SS is OK for the small station

Everett Jackson wz8p at wz8p.com
Sun Mar 18 16:57:16 EDT 2018

Hi,

1. If  every contest was the same that would be boring and I would only
need to enter one per year.
2. If  every contest started and ended at the same time. Some parts of
the country would  always complain.
3. If  in SS you were able to work the same station on each band. I
would need to be loud on all bands.
4. If  the time started sooner it would be about the same as other contest.
5. If  I could work all stations on  all bands, then I would need a
Multi-multi class and a BIG station.
6. Cut the time from 24 to 20 Hours might help those over 60 years of age.

Twenty to thirty years ago  SS rules came up and I was told that:
*1. A  small station with wires and a tri brander can win.*
2. From Ohio it is very hard to work east cost on 10, 15. or 20 meters
or stations less then 500 miles.
3. If I only need KL7 once I do not have to fight the pile up on every band.
4. Just work KL7 on the band that is the best for me one time only.
5. There are stations that make 2,000 Q's every year. There are some
that work 2,600 Q's.
6. If there were a  QSY rule that would  change things.

It took me 20 Years to win SS.
Why make changes for for the sake of a few BIG Stations  that want a
better RATE !

73,
Everett - WZ8P