[CQ-Contest] ARRL November SS is OK for the small station

steve.root at culligan4water.com steve.root at culligan4water.com
Tue Mar 20 09:57:05 EDT 2018

Ria,

If you really want to become a good CW operator, then I might suggest you consider ragchewing. You really can't improve your CW skills in a contest, especially if you're using keyboard and macros to do all the heavy lifting. However if you're in the middle of a ragchew you have to be able to send manually and then copy whatever comes your way. I think you would be amazed at the number of contesters that aren't capable of holding up their end in a ragchew. However the best CW operators have no problem with it at all.

73 Steve K0SR