[CQ-Contest] ICOM 7610 & C31XR

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:58:32 EDT 2018

Years ago I worked an op on 7 MHz CW that turned out was located at a hotel
about 5 blocks away.  When we got together for drinks and QSL exchange, it
turned out that he was transmitting QRP to a wire on his balcony ... but on
21 MHz.  I was hearing him weakly but clearly, and exactly on my 7 MHz
frequency.  So he was hearing my 7 MHz CW exactly on his 21 MHz frequency,
and vice versa.   My radio was a Drake C-line, I forget his radio.  He
could have been hearing my 3rd harmonic (although I think we concluded that
it was several hundred kHz from 3X freq.), but how was I hearing his
signal?  These sounded like regular discrete signals, not covering the band
or anything like that.

Maybe a hidden feature of (some?) SDRs is more unintended cross-band QSOs?

73, Dave K3ZJ

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Terry Zivney <n4tz at arrl.net> wrote:

> <  >

BUT, this past weekend at N1UR for RDXC. Ed had monobanders withadjacent