[CQ-Contest] More SS, slow CW, CWops

ktfrog007 at aol.com ktfrog007 at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 20:15:44 EDT 2018

Hi again,

While on my evening constitutional (it's light enough now after 7 pm local) it occurred to me I'd left out an important item about the CWops.

You do not need to be a CWops member to play in their contests.  If you have a call, a name, and live on planet Earth (S/P/C, maybe /MM?) you can participate.

To join and get a number, four digits currently, you have to meet the nomination requirements as outlined here:

http://cwops.org/bylaws.html

The CW speed for membership is 25 wpm, but start wherever you are and work your way up.  I think you will do fine in the SS at 25 wpm.  Even less, really, as the long exchange serves as a kind of speed governor for many, including me.

I myself am not a member, so all this advocacy is pro bono.  I join in on occasion but want to keep my life simple.

73,
AB1J KEN MA