[CQ-Contest] 2018 Florida QSO Party Announcement

Christopher Blake cqdenx4n at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:52:44 EDT 2018

 *CQ FLORIDA QSO PARTY!*

Hello Friends,
The *2018 Florida QSO Party *will soon be here and; we sure hope you'll
join us.  All 67 counties will be active.

Please check out the details at our *Web Site:* http://www.
floridaqsoparty.org/

*The Florida QSO Party*
Object: Everyone works Florida, Florida works Everyone
Activate and work ALL Florida counties
Have as much FUN as possible!

When: *April 28 & 29, 2018*
Two ten hour operating periods, with a ten hour break:
Saturday, April 28 1600Z (Noon EDT) - 0159Z (9:59 PM EDT)
Sunday, April 29 1200Z (8 AM EDT) - 2159Z (5:59 PM EDT)
20 Hours total

Exchange: RST and County (Florida stations)
RST and QTH (State, Province or Country for non-FL)

Where: 10, 15, 20 and 40 Meters
CW : 28.035, 21.035, 14.035, 7.035 MHz
SSB: 28.485, 21.335, 14.260, 7.195 MHz
(Approximate center frequencies; lots of activity spreads out from
there!)

At least 15 Mobile stations will be on and most can be found here:
*CW:  7.025-7.035, 14.040-14.050, 21.040-21.050, 28.040-28.050 MHz*

*SSB: 7.230-7.240, 14.265-14.275  MHz**If you are not mobile, *please*
refrain from calling CQ in these windows.*

Categories:
Single Op, Multi Op, Multi-Multi, Mobile, Technician and School.
Three power levels: QRP, Low, and High Power.
Use CW, SSB or both.

21st Anniversary Special Event Award- 2018 FQP Spelling Bee!

Less than a week after the end of the 2016 FQP, Ron Wetjen WD4AHZ, who had
been a 10+ year FCG officer and prolific FQP operator, lost a courageous
battle with cancer. We dedicate our 2018 FQP Spelling Bee to Ron’s memory.  We
will have a total of 18 1x1s stations, 2 per letter, to spell *WD FOUR AHZ.*

Contact at least 9 of these 1x1 stations whose suffixes spell “*WD
FOUR AHZ*” to
earn this award.

The callsigns and hosts are - TBA soon!

These stations will be on both modes full-time and should be very
accessible. QSL these 1x1 calls active in FQP via W4AS direct or via bureau.

Prizes: Beautiful color Certificates for top participants
Plaques for top finishing entrants.

*Web Site:* http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/
Detailed rules, mobile routes, past results, plaques, county maps and much
more!

*ACTION REQUIRED!!!*

*Florida Stations of all types* – *please go to the FQP website and
register your fixed, mobile, rover and 1x1 Spelling Bee operations; just
click on the “Counties" link and then the Activation Forms to get started –
thanks!  **THE FQP ACTIVATION FORMS ARE NOW UP AND RUNNING!*

Logs to logs at floridaqsoparty.org or via US mail to: Florida QSO Party, c/o
Ron Harps, K8NZ, 1997 Willow Glen Ln Columbus, OH 43229-1550.

Any questions or feedback? Please feel free to reply to my e-mail:

cqdenx4n at gmail.com

THANK YOU in advance for making the 2018 FQP another terrific event!

73,

Chris, NX4N, on behalf of:

Chris, WF3C and Dan, K1TO – President and Past President
Florida Contest Group, proud sponsors of the FQP since 1998