[CQ-Contest] Youth / Newer hams in contesting

Marty Sullaway 0246811 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 21:57:13 EDT 2018

Marty Sullaway, KC1CWF here.

I can attest as a youth (16) who has done quite a bit of contesting now,
that this is critical to getting new youth in the hobby active in the
hobby. Especially to teach the ropes, you need to be taught by a person,
not just a book. Similarly, when there aren't condx it is a lot more fun on
HF to have stacks and power than a low dipole and QRP. We don't want to
scare people away. Hats off to radio hams like K1LZ, K1TTT, K1VR, K6ND, and
N1RR who have hosted me at their stations. There are too many other hams to
list who have given me advice, gear, and their personal time. Happy to say
more if needed.

Marty Sullaway
KC1CWF

Best,