[CQ-Contest] Portable in Canada

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 23:20:33 EDT 2018

Note all..... that regardless of ARRL or other nations, usa fcc says
correct portable designation comes BEFORE the licensed callsign...........
like XX9/K4VUD.              Against old practice, I know, but true.
Now if only LOTW and DXCC records would always agree with this fcc usage!

There is no legal HS/K4VUD...nope.

73, legal HS0ZCW.... now allowed 6meters and more of 80m for contests.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Art Boyars <artboyars at gmail.com> wrote:

> " Mike, is signing WV2ZOW/VE3 a Canadian requirement? "
>
> Yup!
>
> When I visited VE4EA for RAC Canada Day Contest 2014 I made a few QSOs
> outside the 'Test as VE4/K3KU (which I thought was some international
> standard).  I later found out that Canada specifies K3KU/VE4. (I forget
> which reliable source gave me that info.)
>
> The day after the 2014 'Test I "wrote the exam" for a Canadian license, and
> got the VE4VTR call sign we used on my visit for Canada Day 2015.
>
> 73, Art K3KU/VE4VTR

Charly, HS0ZCW