[CQ-Contest] KH7X in AZ

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Tue Nov 6 11:32:55 EST 2018

Legally no problem. Hawaii is a state. (Even if some people think it's a part of Kenya).

Rules for SS don't address it, but since he is sending his real ARRL section in every exchange, it's not a problem as it would be in a DX contest where a callsign is the only way to identify a person's country. And it's a legal contest QSO from either place.

Morally no different than me using K8MR, not K8MR/4, in Florida.

73  -  Jim  K8MR