[CQ-Contest] Pileups and calling freqs

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Mon Nov 26 17:16:45 EST 2018

I totally agree.  An added fillip - it is extremely likely that cluster
spots on CW will not be in zero beat with the CQing station, because of
rounding to the nearest 100 Hz division.  The only thing you're doing by
*not* tuning off the spot frequency a little is to ensure that you will
be in zero beat with all the others who make the same mistake.

I prefer just to nudge the big knob, and try to move toward zero beat
with the CQer. Whatever, it works for me.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.