[CQ-Contest] [GoFRC] antenna advice

David Warnick d.e.warnick at comcast.net
Thu Sep 13 20:36:47 EDT 2018

Not sure how long an antenna you are able to put up.

In your situation,  I've always had my best luck with an open-wire fed (I make my own with 1/2" flex water pipe that I get in 100' rolls) dipoles. Longer antennas tend to be better. Understand that your radiation pattern will probably be different on every band, though you will be able to make contacts. You should use a true balanced-line tuner (I had the Palstar BT1500 which is great). This is a great opportunity for you to experiment. Since your ropes are up, I've got to assume that height and antenna length are fixed. It's also easy to move your feed off center if it's supported at both ends, but I understand that you prefer center fed.

Good luck with the project

73

Dave

WA3F